Published Wednesday, 3 December, 2008 By Kirsty
- * 2 tablespoons olive oil
- * 2 medium onions, chopped
- * 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- * 500g lean mince
- * 2 medium carrots, sliced or diced
- * 125g frozen garden peas
- * 4 tablespoons tomato puree
- * 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- * 250ml beef stock
- * salt and pepper to taste
- * for the topping:
- * 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced small
- * 50g butter
- * 125g grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 200 c / gas mark 6.
2. Heat oil in pan, add onions, garlic and mince; cook stirring, until mince is browned.
3. Add carrots, peas, puree, parsley, stock, salt and pepper; simmer covered for about 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
4. While this is cooking, boil the potatoes and mash with butter and cheese.
5. Spoon mince mixture into an oven-proof dish. Top with potato-cheese mash.
6. Bake uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown on top.