Cheap And Cheesy Pasta Sauce
Published Wednesday, 23 November, 2011 By Taylor
- Serves 4 (half ingredients to serve 2, half again to serve 1)
- 70g mature cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2tbsp butter
- 2tbsp flour
- 500ml milk
- Pepper (to taste)
- melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat.
- add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring all the time.
- take off the heat, add the milk a little at a time, stirring (or whisking) each time, to make smooth.
- bring to the boil when all the milk has been added.
- keep stirring, then turn down the heat until it's simmering.
- cook for 2 minutes, stirring the whole time.
- take off the heat, add cheese and stir until melted. The sauce should thicken.
- add pepper to taste (optional)
once you've drained your pasta, simply put the pasta back into the warm pan and add the sauce. Place back on the hob for a few minutes, stirring all the time, letting it heat up.