Cheap And Easy Tomato Pasta
Published Wednesday, 18 November, 2009 By Laura
- 2-3 cloves garlic ( although quantity depends on taste!)
- 1 large onion
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- About 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- Cooking oil
- Worcestershire sauce
- Any type of pasta (my personal preference is spaghetti or tagliatelle)
- You can also add some bacon or meatballs to make it more interesting!
- Chilli (optional, again depends on personal preference!)
This is a recipe that got me through my first year. Its so cheap and easy, makes quite a lot (about 6 servings) and can be frozen and defrosted whenever!
1. Chop onion and garlic and fry onion in a small amout of vegetable oil in a large saucepan until soft
2. Add garlic and cook for a further couple of minutes (make sure the garlic doesn't burn!)
3. Add tomato puree and cook for another minute or two.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, oregano and worcestershire sauce (theres no specific quantity for these - i just chuck some in!) and pepper.
5. Add chilli if using, cover and cook for around 30-60 minutes (you don't need to be there the whole time, just stir every so often!)
6. Cook spaghetti and serve!