You are here: Home > Blog

Don’t Panic, Disaster Chefs: Help Is On Its Way

Published Wednesday, 26 June, 2013 by James Bailey

Kenwood Launches Second Annual Search for Nation’s Worst Cooks

Britain’s worst cooks are being offered the chance to transform their culinary skills and scoop a host of prizes worth over £4,000 - with the launch of Kenwood’s second annual Disaster Chef competition.

Following the success of last year’s nationwide search, a new judging panel, including former Celebrity Masterchef winner Liz McClarnon, will choose 15 entrants most in need of help - who will then go on a three-month journey to transform their kitchen prowess before one is crowned Kenwood Chef 2013.

To enter, entrants must demonstrate in 250 words why their cooking abilities need a helping hand - and the 15 entries deemed most in need will be chosen to undertake training to transform their culinary ability.

Contestants will learn basic skills and family favourite recipes - transforming their cooking from inedible to incredible. In addition to the training, Kenwood’s 15 Disaster Chefs will also be given a Kenwood Chef worth £599.99 and a weekly mystery food hamper filled with ingredients to help them on their gastronomic adventure, plus a camera to capture their progress.

The 15 will then be whittled down to just six finalists, who will go head to head at the live Disaster Chef grand final in October, and one will be crowned Kenwood Chef 2013. The lucky winner will receive a kitchen makeover worth £3,000, a £500 cookery course and a selection of Kenwood products for their efforts.

Liz McCLarnon, who is fronting the campaign, says: “Before I took part in Masterchef, I was hopeless in the kitchen, I had never even turned on an oven. Since then, I have developed so many new skills - you can’t keep me out of the kitchen. I’m excited to see the contestants take a similar journey and help them discover how great cooking can be, just like I did!”

Mark Swift, Kenwood Marketing Director, says: “At Kenwood, we promote the joys of home cooking, but understand that not everyone has amazing skill in the kitchen. Through our Disaster Chef to Kenwood Chef competition, we hope to provide fearful cooks with tips and advice to boost their confidence and inspire them to cook delicious dishes for themselves, their family and friends.”

The competition opens on 9 May 2013, and flailing cooks have until 30 June 2013 to enter at the Kenwood website, www.kenwoodworld.com/disasterchef.

Comments

On FacebookVisit us

  • This is really important.