Beef and Gorgeous gravy!
Tender steak with an awseome onion gravy!
I made this grazy out of experimentation one day. I made too much and had to share with flat mates, they didn’t mind though! You can also put it into a pot and keep in fridge for couple days, goes great over a jacket potato for lunch!
1. Dice the onion
2. Beat the beef up! No seriously, get the beef and put into a sandwich bag or two (so blood doesn’t go everywhere) and get either a frying pan and use the base to beat the beef, or my weapon of choice is a rolling pin i got for a quid! So ya beat the beef until it is about a centimetere thick. This quickens cooking time and makes it alot more tender (especially with cheaper meats)
2. Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium to high heat, fry the onions until they are just turning, normally a few minutes
3. Push onions aside and put beef in. Cook for a few minutes each side until it has darkened (increase or reduce cooking time to whether you prefer rare or well done)
4. Serve beef onto a plate without onions! And start on the gravy! As you’re making the gravy your allowing the meat to ‘rest’
5. Add water (amount depending on how much your gravy granules packet says and then a little more to account for the stock cube) to the pan and the onions. Add your gravy granules according to the pack instructions and crumble a stock cube into it as well.
6. Stir until it has all dissolved and the gravy has thickened and begins to bubble and simmer.
7. Your done! A wonderful onion gravy and delicious tender piece of steak! I normally eat this with mashed potatos and veg