Published Saturday, 20 June, 2009 by Kirsty
1. Brown the mince in a pan. If you are using cheaper mince it is best to drain it and pour boiling water over it to release the rest of the fat
2. Heat the chopped garlic and onion until softened and return the beef to the pan.
3. Add the chopped chillis (take the seeds out if you do not want a very firey chilli
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, oxo cube, tomato puree and kidney beans. I tend to add a teaspoon of chilli powder here but if you like wait until the chilli has finished cooking and then add it to your own personal taste
5. Bring the mixture to the boil and then simmer for 40 minutes. If the mixture gets too dry add a bit of water
Why don't you pack a lunch today?? Here is an easy pasta and/or chickpea salad recipe to get you started! studentrecipes.com/recipes/cooking-for-one/easy-chickpea-or-pasta-salad