Published Thursday, 04 June, 2009 by Emma
1. Place the sliced Corned Beef in a oven proof dish.
2. Chuck the onion and carrot in with it
3. Stir the mustard and pepper in with the stock and pour on top
4. Cook in a medium oven until the carrots and onions are cooked
5. Once cooked, remove as much as the solids from the fluid as possible.
6. Pour the liquid into a pan, and heat on the hob, until boiling vigorously.
7. Remove from the heat, and pour in the corn flour, stirring constantly, until smooth.
8. Return to the heat and bring to the boil.
9. Serve the meat, onions and carrots with mashed potato and veg, and pour over the gravy.
The corned beef can be frozen, then defrosted and reheated in the microwave.
Potatoes are super cheap. Might as well make them into an insanely tasty dish like this!
proper easy, quick, cheap an real nice
Cheap and really really comforting!
quick and easy, but very very tasty :P
Comfort food with store cupboard ingredients
Tasty warming jacket potatoes