Published Tuesday, 11 August, 2009 by Sophie
1.(prep)Chop onion finely
2.(prep) chop pepper into medium square(-ish) sized pieced.. aviodig the pith.(white bit)
3.(prep) cut bacon intomedium sized square pieces.
4. (prep) chicken into cube-like pieces.
5. fry onions and bacon in oil
(add the optional chilli power if desired)
6. after a couple of mins add chicken and pepper
7. cook for about 5 mins or untill it seems cooked.
8. add tinned tomatoes and about a table spoon of puree.
9. stir for a couple mins.
10. Add stock cube to a jug and add 2 mug fulls of boiling water .. stir untill cube is disolved, and add to risotto.
11. add 2 cups of long grain rice (always add an equal amount of rice to the liquid added). stir.
12. cover and leave to simmer on a low heat (or put in slow cooker) for a couple of hours.
13. the rice cooks and expands in the liquid .. will be softer the longer you leave it.
It's fine to eat alone , or with french bread/ garlic bread.
Also it's really nice to eat cold... leftovers!!!
The most delicious and comforting chicken soup you will ever make!
Very tasty, quick and easy!
delicious rice dish
A delicious creamy risotto - no muss, no fuss!
Been in the family for generations