Published Monday, 25 April, 2011 by Harri Andrew
1. Cook the chicken until tender and chop into reasonably thick chunks.
2. While the chicken is cooking, mix flour and butter in a bowl until throughly mixed. Add a little milk and mix until a dough is formed.
3. In a pan, melt some butter and then add flour to form a rue.
4. Add milk a little at a time to the rue to make your base sauce.
5. Add cheese, sweetcorn, chopped and cooked ham (or bacon) and seasoning as required.)
6. Pour sauce into a pie dish and add the pieces of chopped chicken. Mix well.
7. roll out the dough from earlier to form a good sized pastry topping.
8. place the pastry topping securely on top of the saucy mix.
9. Cook at 250 for around 15 minutes, or until the pastry is hard and golden brown.
10. Serve either on its own or with steamed vegetables.
This Recipe is perfect for when you need to cook something impressive, but don't have the time on your side.