Published Monday, 06 August, 2012 by Emma Christie
1. Pre-heat the oven at 180c
2. Cut the chicken fillets into medium sized pieces.
3. Break the eggs into a bowl, making sure they are well beaten
4. Measure the cornflour into a bowl and add the salt and pepper, making sure it is stirred in with the flour.
5. Using a frying pan heat up a small amount of vegetable oil (only about a teaspoon needed)
6. Dip each chicken piece into the flour and then the egg before placing onto the frying pan. Fry them until browned.
7. Once browned transfer the chicken to an oven proof dish.
8. Cut up the red pepper into small pieces and sprinkle over the top of the chicken.
9. Cut the top off the chilli and then cut it into half, scrape out the seeds before cutting it into very small piece and again add it to the top of the chicken.
10. In a jug add the sugar, tomato sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and salt. Mix well until there are no lumps; add it to the oven proof dish making sure that all of the chicken is covered.
11. Place in the oven and bake for around 45mins-1 hour. Making sure that you stir well at 15 minute intervals to make sure that the chicken doesn't stick to the pan.
12. While this is cooking, boil the rice following the packet instructions.
13. Finely cut the spring onions ready to put on top of the finished dish.
14. Once cooked transfer to serving plates and sprinkle some spring onions over the top along with some of the sauce from the bottom of the dish.
tastes and looks real nice
yum yum :)
So easy you don't even need an oven!
Chicken in a sweet and sour sauce (can be adapted)
prep 10 mins cook 15 mins ready in 25 mins