Published Thursday, 12 August, 2010 by Kate Stephenson
1. Melt 125g of butter in a frying pan. Add onions, garlic and fry until soft.
2. Add the chicken livers and fry for a further 3 minutes.
3. Add Parsley, bay leaf, thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cook for another 2 minutes then remove bay leaf.
5. Cool and pound mixture with a wooden spoon or purÃ©e in a blender then melt the remaining butter and add to the mixture.
6. Pack into a mould lined with tin foil, cover with plastic wrap and chill.