Published Friday, 09 May, 2014 by Victoria @ Mummymakesme.com
• grease your 2 20cm cake tins and preheat the oven to 180c
• cream together the butter and sugar
• break in the eggs and mix together
• sift the flour and baking powder in and mix until smooth
• add the lemon zest and juice, and bring everything together
• pour half into each cake tin and place in the oven
• bake for about 25 minutes, until the top is golden and springy, and an inserted skewer/knife comes out clean
• allow to cool
• on one of the cake halves, spread an even layer of lemon curd across
• whisk up the double cream to soft peaks using an electric whisk, then whisk 1 tbsp icing sugar into it
• spread the cream on top of the lemon curd
• top with your raspberries covering the edges, then filling the middle
• put the other cake on top and sprinkle with icing sugar.
tada! Your beautiful deliciously fluffy cake is complete!
now sit down, feet up, cuppa tea, and enjoy! Store the rest in the fridge - will be good for a couple of days!