Published Tuesday, 14 June, 2011 by lauren grant
1. Place your sliced aubergine on a foil covered baking tray and lightly drizzle with olive oil ... Bake at 200 for 25 mins - turning halfway through
2. Whilst the aubergine is cooking you can make the tomato sauce ! Chop the onion finely and shallow fry in olive oil , when the onion has turned transparent add the tin of chopped tomato. Add the oregano and splash of wine if you have it. (makes it yummier!)
3. Allow to simmer for 10 mins.
4. By now your aubergine should be cooked. Remove it from the oven and allow to cool. This is where we layer our Aubergine , Mozzarella and tomato sauce on a foil covered baking tray. Begin with an aubergine base add and layer of sauce then a layer of mozzarella ... repeat this untill you have three layers of aubergine in a stack. This recipe should make 4-6 stacks.
5. Support your stacks by placing the cookie cutters around your stacks - this will prevent the stacks from sliding apart whilst baking.
6. Bake the stacks for 10 minutes. The mozzarella and tomato sauce will melt down the sides of the stacks (and look very impressive!)
7. Serve stacks in the center of the plate with a thin circle of olive oil drizzled around plate to decorate!
Inspired by a harvester special and cheap to make :o
Nice Fried Breakfast,
great recipe that looks pro, can be altered to be vegy aswell.
Easy, cheap and tasty spiced aubergine (eggplant)