Published Monday, 19 December, 2011 by Abi
1) Peel and cut the potatoes into halves.
2) Add them to an ovenproof tray and pour in enough oil to give all the potatoes a thin coating of oil on the outside,
3) Give a good shake of salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme (If using fresh herbs break off the leaves and sprinkle) over the potatoes and mix.
4) Boil a kettle and add around 0.5cm of water to the bottom of the oven dish and then place in the oven.
5) Keep returning every 15/20 minutes to check on the potatoes and top up the water if need be. They take roughly 40 minutes or so..depending on the size your cut potatoes and how crispy you like them. In the last 15/20 mins allow the water burn off.
These are a healthier option than cooking potatoes in lots of oil and taste great!
You can also try this method with other seasonings such as sage and paprika works really well too.