Published Sunday, 12 September, 2010 by Samantha
1. Put the pan of water on the hob and heat it till the water is at a rolling boil. To speed things up, you could always use pre-heated water from the kettle instead of cold tap water.
2. When the water reaches a rolling boil, add your white vinegar and give it a quick stir. Taking your egg, or eggs, crack them one at a time directly into the boiling water. Don't worry if they look a little stringy at first! Make sure you take a note of the time, as they'll be cooked in 3 minutes. If you want the yolk/yellow to be hard, then leave them in for 4 minutes.
3. Whilst the eggs are cooking, put your bread into the toaster.
4. After the three or four minutes, take the pan from the heat. Using a large spoon (one of those serving spoons with holes in works best) take the eggs from the water and set them onto the tea towel or kitchen roll and then carefully dab both sides dry. This gets rid of any vinegar/water on them, so you needn't worry about the taste.
5. If you want to, butter your toast. Place the eggs on the toast, and then enjoy!
I'd not recommend trying to cook any more than three eggs a time in a standard sized pan. If the eggs are going stringy, then you could try to:
* Add a little more vinegar to the water. This helps keep them together.
* Make sure the water is boiling properly before adding the eggs.
* Drop the eggs from as short a distance above the water as possible. (But be careful not to get burnt).
If you wanted to, you could also have the eggs on their own or with other things, such as potato waffles, bacon, salmon, etc.
Great for brunch or as a snack!
Really healthy, really yummy, really quick!
The easy way to cook salmon without drying it out.
A no mess quick recipe for Poached eggs
Packed with goodness!
Three months off is a long time a very very long time! Plenty of time to see friends, family, have a good catch up and even earn some money. However, it is also plenty of time to gain some valuable work experience in an industry your degree potentially leads to or perhaps one that interests you, read our top tips here!
How Well Do You Know The Opening Number From Beauty And The Beast?
Clearing: a second chance to move forward
If you dont get the grades youre hoping for this year, you can still find a university place through Clearing
The best three-ingredient recipes from Nutella brownies to pulled pork http://t.co/m67yE16DD6
Britain is having its pie and eating it too http://t.co/qHE34f0esH