Published Wednesday, 05 November, 2014 by Anonymous
1. Preheat oven to 180ºc, fan forced
2. Clean inside and outside of chicken and pat dry with paper towel
3. Strip the lemon thyme leaves off the sprigs into a bowl with butter. Squeeze half a lemon into the bowl. Mix/squish together with a spoon.
4. (this is the hard part because you dont want to break the skin). Use your fingers to separate the breast and leg skin from the meat, but you want to keep it attached - basically you are making a pocket. Easiest access point is the back end of the breast.
5. Now you a going to carefully spoon the butter mixture into the pocket you just made (under the skin). Then using your fingers, massage the mixture to spread it evenly around the breast and the legs.
6. Stick the un-squeezed half of the lemon the the cavity - then using butches twine (or just string that you have) cross the legs over and tie them up to close the cavity.
7. Pat dry the top of the skin again with paper towel, and then spread a thin layer of olive oil over the skin. (option - sprinkle flour over the skin - this makes it crispy) then season with salt.
8. Place on baking try and sit it in the oven. As a general rule, cooking time is about 30 minutes per 500g at 180ºc. To check it it is cooked, you can place a skewer through the thickest part of the thigh. If the juices run completely clear then the chicken is cooked. Or you could just cut into the thigh for a visual look (thats what i do)
happy eating :)
dont forget to rate and comment.