Published Thursday, 25 March, 2010 by Simon Love
1) Bake the potato in your usual method (oven or microwave, I recommend oven for crispiness), but make sure that the skin is CRISPY. This can be achieved by rubbing the potato with sea salt before baking. Remember to stab the skin a few times with a fork to avoid potato explosion. Whilst the potato is baking, fry the bacon and chop into small pieces, and grate the cheese. If you are adding other ingredients such as mushrooms and onion, also prepare these.
2) Once the skin of the potato is crispy and the insides are soft (when this happens depends on your cooking method / how good your oven is), cut the potato in half and scoop out the insides with a spoon. Put these into a mixing bowl.
(After step (2), you should have a mixing bowl full of potato insides, and an empty potato shell.)
3) Add the double cream, bacon, cheese, black pepper and any other optional ingredients to the mixing bowl. Save a little cheese for later. Be careful when adding the cream - if you add too much it will become a sloppy mess! Mix all of the ingredients well. This should look like funky mashed potato when done.
4) Taste your mix - if your taste buds like it, scoop it back into the empty potato shells. The mixture will be above the level of the shell due to you adding all of that extra stuff. If the shells are crispy enough this shouldn't be a problem.
5) Sprinkle the remainder of the grated cheese on top of the shells and pop them back in the oven until the cheese on top melts.
6) Remove from the oven and garnish with parsley if you feel like it. Serve.
This recipe serves 1. Scale accordingly if you want to feed more people.
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken: Beautifully slow cooked chicken which is too easy to make. https://t.co/2ReocWBBwt
Mushroom Tuna Sweetcorn Pasta: Easy, quick, healthy, no fresh produce needed https://t.co/q4vWZlooRL
Luxury Coffee: Cheap alternative https://t.co/HQ1UU9673B
Cheat Apple "Crumble": Sweet, warm and filling https://t.co/3059SIpLA5
Grape Curry: You'll be surprised how good this is https://t.co/uixDlLTQqr