Published Friday, 12 January, 2018 by Lee Black
1. Weigh out 100g pasta along with the 1/2 stock cube into a bowl and add just enough boiling water to cover. Place it in the microwave and cook for 12 minutes. Check the pasta every 3-4 minutes and give it a stir to stop it all from sticking together. The idea is that the pasta will end up absorbing most of the water with very little left.
2. While the pasta cooks you can chop the parsley. (According to nutritiondata.self.com 10g of fresh parsley contains 205% vitamin K, 22% vitamin C and 16% vitamin A)
3. If you have bought the cheaper tin of sardines then it probably will contain bones. Take this time to drain the fish and remove the bones.
4. Peel and finely mince the garlic to a paste.
5. When the pasta is cooked add the garlic, sardines, passata, cinnamon, Tabasco and paprika. Give the bowl a good mix to help combine everything and to break up the sardines into smaller pieces.
6. Return to the microwave and cook for 4-5 minutes until its heated through completely.
7. Finish the pasta by sprinkling over the parsley and squirting over a wedge of fresh lemon.
This meal costs about £1 and if you're using the more expensive tins of fish which are boneless then about £1.30.
Sticky Ham & Cheese Sliders: Delicious, quick, and easy sliders that everyone will love! https://t.co/lJ8rn8dgO3
Slow Cooker Pesto Chicken: Chicken and mushrooms in a cheesy, pesto sauce. https://t.co/LEIXKNJax1
5 a day salad: The best salad https://t.co/TjYN7e53vf
Microwave Doner Kebab: Takeaway classic https://t.co/rxQodh89F4
Spicy Sardine Pasta: Gorgeous microwave meal https://t.co/LQv2QT2luf