Published Monday, 12 April, 2010 by Emma
1. Butter the bread, cutting off the crusts (my mental flatmate feeds the pigeons with these..). If your bread's fresh, stick it in the oven for a bit on a really low temperature, it dries it out a bit =)
2. Cut the bread into triangles and place them in a casserole tin, covering the base.
3. Add chunks of chocolate on top of the bread, be creative and use whatever chocolate you fancy! I'd recommend Mars bars though!
4. Add another layer of bread, then chocolate, then bread.
5. Make up your custard according to the packet instructiond then pour all over the layers of bread.
6. Use a spatula to squish all the bread down a bit; this means it all gets coated and the bread soaks up the custard.
7. Place in the oven on 180C for about 15 mins to heat the pudding up.
8. Remove from oven, sprinkle brown sugar over the top, switch the oven to grill and put the pudding back in until the sugar caramalises.
9. Remove from oven and dig in!