Published Sunday, 09 June, 2013 by Madi
1. grease a 28cm x 18cm slice tray.
2. measure dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
3. melt margarine over a low heat.
4. pour melted margarine into the dry ingredients with the beaten egg. Mix well.
5. spread mixture over the base of the slice tray.
6. bake in a moderate (1800) for 20 minutes or until just firm to the touch.
7. sift icing mixture and cocoa into a bowl, stir in margarine and milk to give a thick paste.
8. spread with icing as soon as the slice comes out of the oven. Leave slice in the tin.
9. stand in the fridge for 10 minutes before cutting into squares.