Published Sunday, 28 August, 2011 by Anna Simpson
1) Melt some chocolate in the microwave until fully melted, stir with a spoon.
2) Add some orange flavouring (when I do this recipe I never have a set amount of flavouring as it is one I just made up, so just keep adding until you think you have enough) to the melted chocolate and stir until combined.
3) On one piece of shortbread put a small spoon of chocolate ice cream on, flatten it down with a spoon to make it smooth on top.
4) Chop one or two orange segments in to small pieces
5) On top of the ice cream layer, add a spoon of the chocolate orange mixture, followed by the chopped orange pieces and another spoon of the chocolate orange mixture
6) Put the other shortbread piece on top and squish/sandwich it together.
7) If you want to, you can put a small blob of chocolate orange mix on top in the centre of the sandwich and pieces of orange zest