Published Thursday, 24 February, 2011 by Pancake
1. Peel the rind from half of one orange, cut into thin julienne strips and squeeze the juice from both oranges.
2. Place the butter and brown sugar together in a frying pan and gently heat until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Stir in the orange rind, juice and cinnamon. Bring to a boil and boil until reduced by half and the sauce is syrupy.
4. While the sauce is reducing prepare American style pancakes, stack and cover to keep them warm.
5. Remove the sauce pan from the heat and add the Southern Comfort. If you want a little extra fan-fare, return the sauce to the heat and carefully set alight. When the flames have died down, spoon the sauce over the pancakes and serve with scoops of vanilla ice cream.
A staple in the southern part of The States, you've got to try breakfast tacos if you haven't already! Easy to make and even easier on your wallet. studentrecipes.com/recipes/vegetarian/breakfast-taco