Published Friday, 08 March, 2013 by Rachel
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease two 7 inch cake tins and line bases with non-stick paper.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and add caster sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk oil, milk, eggs and vanilla.
4. Add this to the flour mixture and beat for 1 minute to combine.
5. Divide equally between the two tins and bake for 20-25 minutes until well-risen and golden brown.
6. Remove from tins after a couple of minutes and remove the baking paper.
7. Once completely cooled, spread jam on top of one cake and then place the other on top. Dust with icing sugar to finish.
Best Macaroni and Cheese: Absolutely superb Mac & Cheese https://t.co/XaoDGN5OYr
Amatriciana chicken traybake: one pot wonder https://t.co/jY76RkaEDO
aubergine veggie chilli: tasty and filling. https://t.co/e1osR1YFM8
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken: Beautifully slow cooked chicken which is too easy to make. https://t.co/2ReocWBBwt
Mushroom Tuna Sweetcorn Pasta: Easy, quick, healthy, no fresh produce needed https://t.co/q4vWZlooRL