Published Tuesday, 07 April, 2015 by Abi Yates
Oven temp: 220 oc - 425 of - gas mark 7
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour to make a roux. Cook for 2 minutes without browning.
2. Remove from the heat and slowly add the milk, stirring continuously
3. Return to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, at the grated cheese and season to taste
4. Join the tuna fish, flake it and add to the sauce, leave to cool
5. Roll out pastry to a square parcs mcdaid 300mm x 300mm. Trim edges to neaten and save trimming.
6.Place the tuna mixture into the centre of the pastry spreading to within (4") of the edge
7. Cover with a layer of sliced hard boiled egg and a layer of sliced cooked potato
8.Brush pastry with water and form an envelope by bringing the corners of the square into the centre, seal the edges
9. Make leaves from the trimmings and placed on top of the pie, brush over the beaten egg
10. Place onto a flat baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes or until golden brown
11. Finally serve