Published Sunday, 25 August, 2013 by Bonobosoph
Tip: make sure your trout smells good and is nice and firm to ensure freshness.
if its not already, ask the fish monger to gut, clean and descale the fish.
1. Give your fish a rinse and pat dry with kitchen roll.
2. Make 3 slits on each side of the body with a super sharp knife.
3. Season alllllll over with salt and pepper and any other spices you want to add (or a ready made packet of seasoning out of those ol del paso kits)
make sure it's seasoned deep in the creases and cavity.
4 if you want you could stuff it with whatever you wish, lemon slices, herbs, onion, your favourite stuffing recipe...
5. Oil a large piece of foil and lay the fish on top, oil the top of the fish and fold the foil up tightly but keeping the foil tent roomy.
6. Cook at 200-220 degrees/ in a hot oven for around 20 mins but keep checking after 15. It will be cooked when the flesh is easy to pull away from the bone with a fork.
take it out when it's only just cooked or else it will dry out.
enjoy with whatever side dishes you desire. I like mine with a simple salad and some bread and butter.
it really is easy once you try.