Published Saturday, 27 February, 2010 by Kirsty Law
1. Put your potatoes on to boil for about 25 mins. Make sure they are all an equal size.
2. Put the mayonnaise, pepper and lemon juice together in a bowl and mix until you have the consistency of a nice creamy sauce.
3. When the potatoes still have about 10 minutes to go, put the salmon under the grill on a high heat. If it is a thick fillet, it will take longer to cook through, always check if the middle if cooked.
4. Take the potatoes of the heat and drain. Crush the potatoes (but do not mash! just make sure they are broken up) and mix through a knob of butter and a pinch of salt. Put the crushed potatoes in the middle of your plate, making a bed that the fish will rest on.
5. Boil the peas for 3-4 minutes maximum. Drain and mix through the mayonnaise dressing.
6. Take the salmon out from under the grill and place it on top of the potatoes. Pour over peas and dressing. This will run down into the potatoes and taste great with them as well. Now eat!