Published Friday, 10 March, 2017 by Steph
1) Cut up all the vegetables into chunks (not too small)
2) Cut chicken into small strips
3) Boil around 1.4L water in kettle. Once boiled, crush 2 chicken stock cubes into hot water and stir.
4) Heat oil in large pan. Add onion (and garlic if desired) for a few minutes
5) Pour in all the stock (it may seem like a lot of water but this will all disappear! Add thyme and rosemary if desired)
6) Add chicken and bring to boil
7) Add all remaining vegetables and simmer for 40-45 minutes
8) Keep an eye on the pan. Stir every now and again. All the water will eventually go so keep adding some hot water from the kettle.
9) After 40-45 minutes, check chicken is properly cooked (it should have browned) then serve.
Volia! Depending on how much chicken you use, you can put any extra potions in a container in the fridge. Should serve 2-3 portions.
Student Recipes is on Pinterest! Follow us for even more student recipe ideas. There's even a board dedicated to foods for your school's "Game Day." www.pinterest.com/studentrecipes/