Published Monday, 22 June, 2015 by Priya
Makes about 4 pizzas
1. Dice your onion and tomato. If you're using cherry tomatoes, simply cut those in half.
2. If you're using chillies or peppers, dice those now too.
3. Pour a bit of oil in the pan, turn on medium-low heat.
4. Throw in most of the onions; reserve some for use as a topping later. Allow onions in pan to become translucent.
5. If you have extra tomato you want to use, you can also throw some in the pan while reserving some for topping. This is a good time to add the chillies/peppers you cut up too.
6. In the meantime, preheat your oven (or toaster oven) to 375 degrees fahrenheit on the bake setting.
7. Dice or shred your choice of greens and lay out the desired number of tortillas.
8. Use your mixing spoon to get all the beans out of the can and into the pan. Smush beans with spoon and fold them over with the onions. They'll be easier to mix as they warm up. Just make sure it doesn't burn on the bottom, and you're doing well.
9. Once the beans are very easy to mix and steaming a bit, turn off the stove. Use your mixing spoon to plop two spoonfuls of beans (more or less) in the middle of each tortilla and spread the beans around in a single layer, leaving about half an inch of margin all around the tortilla for the "crust."
10. Pour your hot sauce on top and spread that over the beans.
11. Sprinkle your cheese next, then add onions, tomatoes, and the greens. If using cherry tomatoes, make sure the cut side is facing up.
12. Put the pizza in the oven until the cheese is melty and the tortilla is turning golden around the edges but not too crispy or burned. This should take ~4 minutes. Just keep checking on it until it's the kind of crispy you want.
note: this whole process is very flexible. If you don't have something or want to switch out ingredients, it's okay. My steps are more of a guide than strict rules.
Vegetarian Minestrone https://t.co/osD5VWEYGE
Vegetarian Tofu Stir Fry https://t.co/TKRRm31az2
Stalker's soup https://t.co/XlRfp8lacL
Chicken fried rice https://t.co/UZBRfXSSdc
Homemade beef burgers https://t.co/fI59fB3vlR