Published Monday, 19 August, 2019 by Sara Robards
1. Place the rice in the rice cooker and then add the chopped tomatoes and water and stir around.
2. Fry the chorizo in a separate pan until crispy
3. Then chop the garlic and onion and add these along with the spices, into the rice cooker. Add the chorizo and squeeze the lemon juice, mixing in both with the rice.
4. Cook the rice according to your own rice cookers instructions, stirring regularly to avoid lumps.
5. When the rice is fully cooked, taste the mix and add ingredients to your taste.
6. Grate lemon zest into the mix.
7. Serve the rice in a bowl. You can either enjoy as a paella style meal or serve with tacos and dip for a larger feed.
So why not use your rice cooker to make a main meal this week? With so few ingredients, you will not only make dramatic savings on your grocery shop, but stay full with this satisfying rice recipe.
It can be done in a rice cooker.
Flavourful, tender and easy. takes 6 hours to make but only 15 mins of your time.
Beef cooked in the slower cooker with onion and mushrooms
Chicken and mushrooms in a cheesy, pesto sauce.
Beautifully slow cooked chicken which is too easy to make.