Published Thursday, 23 July, 2015 by Mansi
1. Boil about 4 cups of water and add salt to it.
2. Add the chunks and turn the gas off and leave the chunks in the water till they become twice their sizes.
3. Rinse the rice.
4. In a pressure cooker (or pot), heat some oil and add the chopped onions and some salt and fry till they are translucent.
5. Now add a pinch of tumeric powder and just mix it.
6. Add the tomatoes and red chilli powder and fry till they soften.
7. Add the red chilli paste and salt(if required).Saute till the oil separates.
8. Drain the water from the chunks and add the chunks to the gravy we made. Sauté well.
9. Now add the rice to it and mix well. Also add water enough to immerse the rice in it. Like 1cup rice=1and1/4 cups water for cooker and 1cup rice=1and1/2 cups water for pot.
10. Close the cooker and let it cook for two whistles and if you cooking in a pot then cover and cook for 10 mins on a med flame and check if cooked and all the water has evaporated. If not cook for 5 more minutes.
11. Serve for a complete meal.
Quick Macaroni Cheese: Very easy and sooo... Tasty https://t.co/EDaXm9N2h0
Quick Macaroni Cheese: Very easy and sooo... Tasty https://t.co/PTsoXRWKIm
Flex seeds dry powder: Healthy and tasty with dosa or chapatti https://t.co/Qsf19m6Bpt
Crispy Quick Dosa: Easy and quick tasty dosa https://t.co/gJ7Ywovmk0
"Tuna" pasta mayo (vegan): Cheap and cheerful "tuna" mayo. https://t.co/TZgVkDK6Gd