Published Thursday, 08 October, 2015 by Hannah Lund
1) The night before you want to make Loubia, place the beans in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Allow to soak over night. Rinse and drain before use.
2) In a large casserole dish, seal the meat in the oil. Add the beans, paprika and cumin, mix well and cook on a low heat for a few mins.
3) Pour 2 litres of water over the beans, add the salt and pepper. Cover and cook on a medium heat for 1 hour.
4) After 1 hour add 500ml water and the tin of tomato. Add the garlic, 2 tsp salt, 2 1/2 tsp paprika and 1 1/2 tsp cumin.
5) Cover and cook for 30mins on a medium heat as before.
6) After 30mins, remove the lid and simmer uncovered for a further 30mins, stirring occasionally.
7) Check the seasoning, you may need to add more salt or pepper, then serve hot with fresh crusty bread.
Chickpea and pesto stew: Good when you've got a lot of vegtables left over https://t.co/CoyVAfFE3k
Chickpea and pesto stew: Good when you've got a lot of vegtables left over https://t.co/pdNj1TWAJ3
quack quack: QuackQuack is a fully Secured Online Matchmaking https://t.co/imsNQDg6g0