Published Thursday, 08 October, 2015 by Hannah Lund
1) The night before you want to make Loubia, place the beans in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Allow to soak over night. Rinse and drain before use.
2) In a large casserole dish, seal the meat in the oil. Add the beans, paprika and cumin, mix well and cook on a low heat for a few mins.
3) Pour 2 litres of water over the beans, add the salt and pepper. Cover and cook on a medium heat for 1 hour.
4) After 1 hour add 500ml water and the tin of tomato. Add the garlic, 2 tsp salt, 2 1/2 tsp paprika and 1 1/2 tsp cumin.
5) Cover and cook for 30mins on a medium heat as before.
6) After 30mins, remove the lid and simmer uncovered for a further 30mins, stirring occasionally.
7) Check the seasoning, you may need to add more salt or pepper, then serve hot with fresh crusty bread.
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken: Beautifully slow cooked chicken which is too easy to make. https://t.co/2ReocWBBwt
Mushroom Tuna Sweetcorn Pasta: Easy, quick, healthy, no fresh produce needed https://t.co/q4vWZlooRL
Luxury Coffee: Cheap alternative https://t.co/HQ1UU9673B
Cheat Apple "Crumble": Sweet, warm and filling https://t.co/3059SIpLA5
Grape Curry: You'll be surprised how good this is https://t.co/uixDlLTQqr