New York Cheesecake
A delicious desert from New York
. Preheat the oven to 220/gas 7. Grease and line a 23cm spring-form cake tin.
2. For the crust: combine the biscuit crumbs, butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl, then press into the bottom of the tin. Chill in the fridge while you are making the filling.
3. For the filling: cream the cheese and sugar together, beating well. Gradually add the egg, continuing to beat well. Stir in the flour, followed by the cream, vanilla, lemon juice and zests.
4. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 110C/ gas ¼ and bake for a further 45-55 minutes, until set but not browned.
5. For the cream topping: meanwhile, prepare the topping by mixing together the soured cream, vanilla and sugar in a small bowl.
6. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and raise the temperature to 180C/gas 4. Spread the topping over the cake and return it to the oven to bake for a further 5-10 minutes until set but not colouring. Remove from the oven and put into the fridge to chill overnight.
7. Carefully remove the outside ring before serving – it’s easier to leave the cake on the base.
8. For the blackberry topping: to make a glaze gently heat the jam with some water, pass through a sieve and then paint onto the top of the cake whilst still warm. Finish by covering with blackberries and a dusting of icing sugar.