Published Tuesday, 05 August, 2014 by Beth Bradshaw
1) to start with, lets make the pizza base. Simply combine all the base ingredients - so the flour, salt, yeast, warm water and oil - and form into a dough.
sprinkle a bit of extra flour onto a kitchen surface and give the dough a good knead for 5-10 minutes. You basically need to stretch the dough with your palm, and if you don't break out in a little sweat then you're not doing it right!
once kneaded, the dough should be soft - leave in the bowl and allow to rest.
2) fry the red onion slightly on a low heat until soft in a little oil, then add the rest of the ingredients for the sauce and set aside to cool.
3) preheat the oven to 220c, then you can start to shape your pizza bases. Half the dough and roll out - if you have rectangular baking trays then simply roll out the shame shape with abit extra to form a crust. If using traditional circular trays, give the dough a little roll then gently pull and tug the dough edges to form a circular shape - again, leaving a bit extra to form a crust.
4) place your dough onto your trays, and roll over any extra dough to form a circular crust - then spoon over your delicious base tomato sauce then top with your choice of toppings. I recommend layering the meat first, then the veg and finally the cheese on top so it has a chance to bubble and turn golden in the oven.
5) slide into the oven and bake for 12-15 mintues or until crispy and golden then cut into 8 even slices and serve to your house/flatmates using the scizza - that way there will be no arguements over who has had the biggest or smallest slice!
Try your hands at making your very own pizza from scratch at half the cost of a delivered pizza!
A great recipe for Homemade Pepperoni Pizza
Very easy homemade pizza only 3minutes
Craving pizza? now you can make your own in just 5-10 mins!
Yummy, cheesy, easy pizza recipe with 3 simple ingredients everyone should have