Published Friday, 12 January, 2018 by Lee Black
1. Place the lamb mince into a large mixing bowl and add 4 grams each of the cumin, garlic, onion and chilli powder, oregano, thyme and parsley. Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper to the lamb as well. Knead the mixture well to distribute the seasonings evenly.
2. Take tablespoons of the mixture and space evenly on a plate. When the plate is full cook the doner kebab meatballs in the microwave for about 5-6 minutes. Check the meat balls are cooked through by cutting them in half. If they are still pink in the middle just return to the microwave for another couple of minutes.
(To save time you can prepare all of the meat balls in advance and keep them on a tray covered with some cling film)
3. As each batch of doner kebab meatballs are finished, place them in a clean bowl and cover with tin foil and a tea towel which will help keep them warm.
4. To make the salad slice up the lettuce, cabbage and onions and in a bowl season with the juice of one lemon and salt and pepper.
5. Fill the bottom of the pittas with some of the salad and then stuff with the kebab meatballs. Drizzle over the hot sauce.
6. Serve the kebabs alongside some extra salad, cucumber, tomato, pickled chillies and a lemon wedge.
This will feed 4-6 people with a ton of salad(I'd probably only use 1/2 the cabbage). Do not be afraid of cooking meat in the microwave. I cook beef, chicken, sausages, pork chops and bacon all the time.
If you walked into Tesco tonight and bought all these ingredients it would cost you £20. That's £3.33 per person if you make this stretch to 6 people. A large doner in my local kebab shop costs twice that amount. Even if you only feed 4 people thats still a fiver each and you'll get at least 4 uses out of the herbs and spices for this recipe.
Check out full written recipe here. studentrecipes.com/recipes/desserts/cupcake-cones/