Published Tuesday, 29 October, 2013 by Beth Bradshaw
1) pre-heat the grill to 180c. Boil the kettle, then place the cauliflower and pasta into a pan together and pour boiling water over & allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes
2) meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan, once melted add the tbsp. Flour and whisk together until it forms a smooth paste (or a roux)
3) then add your milk bit by bit, ensuring everything is incorporated. Then add the nutmeg, mustard and cheese and continue to add the milk.
4) the cheese sauce should be thick and creamy. When you drain the cauliflower and pasta hold back some of the water in a mug, and add some of this starchy water to your cheese sauce. Not too much though !
5) finally, mix the cheese sauce into the cauliflower and pasta and pour into an ovenproof dish, sprinkle with some more cheese and pop under the grill for 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on it though, make sure the top layer of cheese doesn't catch and burn
Chickpea and pesto stew: Good when you've got a lot of vegtables left over https://t.co/CoyVAfFE3k
Chickpea and pesto stew: Good when you've got a lot of vegtables left over https://t.co/pdNj1TWAJ3
quack quack: QuackQuack is a fully Secured Online Matchmaking https://t.co/imsNQDg6g0