Published Wednesday, 23 November, 2011 by Taylor
- Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring all the time.
- Take off the heat, add the milk a little at a time, stirring (or whisking) each time, to make smooth.
- Bring to the boil when all the milk has been added.
- Keep stirring, then turn down the heat until it's simmering.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring the whole time.
- Take off the heat, add cheese and stir until melted. The sauce should thicken.
- Add pepper to taste (optional)
Once you've drained your pasta, simply put the pasta back into the warm pan and add the sauce. Place back on the hob for a few minutes, stirring all the time, letting it heat up.
Fragrant, herby, delicious and easy, this is ready in 15 mins
Thick and low fat cheese sauce
Something very quick and easy
easy way to impress friends with "cookery skills"
Better for you Mac and Cheese? Who doesn't like the sound of that???
Maybe you've already perfected the homemade burger, but in case you haven't, here's an easy recipe to follow!
A bit ambitious, but it looks totally worth it!
Loubia beans. (baked beans): Traditional Algerian food. http://t.co/vS1hbLehyP
Mixed bean and tomato chilli: Great for a quick meal http://t.co/NK9OOosJJe