Published Wednesday, 23 November, 2011 by Taylor
- Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring all the time.
- Take off the heat, add the milk a little at a time, stirring (or whisking) each time, to make smooth.
- Bring to the boil when all the milk has been added.
- Keep stirring, then turn down the heat until it's simmering.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring the whole time.
- Take off the heat, add cheese and stir until melted. The sauce should thicken.
- Add pepper to taste (optional)
Once you've drained your pasta, simply put the pasta back into the warm pan and add the sauce. Place back on the hob for a few minutes, stirring all the time, letting it heat up.
Fragrant, herby, delicious and easy, this is ready in 15 mins
Thick and low fat cheese sauce
Easy versatile pasta dish with meat and tomato sauce that can be eaten for a few meals
with yummy crisps
We have the ultimate checklist for #students for #uni! Do you need that frying pan? Consult our checklist! studentrecipes.com/blog/the-ultimate-uni-checklist
It's National Burger Day today!
Try out one of these recipes from our student contributors...
Or if you're out and about see if you can track down one of these today! www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinkpicturegalleries/11824896/The-worlds-best-burgers.html
Are you heading off to uni soon and panicking that you don't have all you need - fear not! We have the ULTIMATE checklist to share with you! Stay tuned!
Happy #BankHolidayWeekend everyone!
50 fantastic things to do in London this bank holiday weekend http://t.co/jv1nwSGPmR
Ten of London's leading museums are diving into one another’s collections for an Instagram swap this week http://t.co/eZGhypOaYJ