Published Tuesday, 28 June, 2011 by Rebekah
1. Bring a pan of water to the boil and add a chicken stock cube ( I recommend Knorr stock cubes as I've found they give a lovely flavour to the pasta)
2. One the stock cube has fully dissolved, add the pasta and sweetcorn to the pan and let it simmer. If you are using tinned sweetcorn, don't add it until nearer the end with the other ingredients, as it doesn't take as long to cook as frozen sweetcorn.
3. Whilst the pasta is cooking, chop up the rest of the ingredients into small pieces. I haven't given amounts for the ingredients as its up to you how much you wish to have.
4. Once the pasta is nearly cooked, turn up the heat to boil off most of the water. Don't drain the water off, as the chicken stock will boil down to make a lovely sauce which will stop the pasta from being too dry.
5. Once the water has nearly boiled off, turn cooker down to a medium heat and add the chicken, chorizo and red pepper.
6. Add the greated cheese whilst the pan is still on the hob, and stir the pasta so the cheese melts and coats it thoroughly.
Serve and enjoy! :)
We have the ultimate checklist for #students for #uni! Do you need that frying pan? Consult our checklist! studentrecipes.com/blog/the-ultimate-uni-checklist
It's National Burger Day today!
Try out one of these recipes from our student contributors...
Or if you're out and about see if you can track down one of these today! www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinkpicturegalleries/11824896/The-worlds-best-burgers.html
Are you heading off to uni soon and panicking that you don't have all you need - fear not! We have the ULTIMATE checklist to share with you! Stay tuned!
Easy chicken (super good): Chicken with cream and veggies - healthy! http://t.co/1hI1kenTkf
The Almond peach tart: A delicious tart to eat with your housemates! http://t.co/eusX0RN5nu
Pasta - The chilean Way: Bored of pasta butter? Here comes the Tuna and tomatoes http://t.co/OlhL3F1NNR
Happy #BankHolidayWeekend everyone!
50 fantastic things to do in London this bank holiday weekend http://t.co/jv1nwSGPmR