Published Wednesday, 26 November, 2008
1. cook the pasta acording to the packet instructions (aka in boiling water with a little salt)
2. fry the chopped onion and garlic in a pan with a little oil.
*tip* dont chop the garlic to finely or it will burn if you put it in at the same time as the onions.
3. add a splash of white wine to the onions and garlic and reduce.
4. add the creme fraiche, chives (to taste), the zest of the lemon, pepper and a little salt (remember the smoked salmon is salty so dont add too much salt).
5. Leave on a low heat until the pasta is cooked.
*Tip* the sauce is so quick that it should be ready before the pasta.
6. meanwhile maranade the salmon in the juice of the lemon.
7. When the pasta is cooked strain and stir in the sauce. Finally add the salmon (it will cook slightly because of the heat from the pasta & sauce but it will still taste great!)
8. Serve and enjoy!
*tip* grate over some fresh parmessan for some extra flavour!
Easy to make, quick and tastes great. got it from an italian friend who hates tomatoes. serves 2
cheesey peasy rice wrapped in smoked salmon
Low fat creamy pasta dish
A tasty and easy pasta salad that is sure to impress!
Really yummy breakfast