Published Tuesday, 29 December, 2009 by SleepyZebra
1. Cream the sugar and butter together until creamy. If you're using hot choc powder, add it in now. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 or about 220*.
2. Add your flavouring (cherries, chocolate, whatever you want) and the milk.
3. Sieve in the flour and mix with a spoon. When you can't mix it any more with the spoon, make into a dough with your hands.
4. Make into balls and flatten with your palm. Put about 4 on a tray - these seem to spread varying amounts, so see how much yours spread on the first batch, then adjust amount of cookies on the sheet accordingly.
6. Halfway through cooking (7 mins) flatten with an egg slice/flat object).
7. Finish cooking and cool.
Dip half and half into melted chocolates to impress your girlfriend/boyfriend/friends.
You'll need either about 100g of chopped milk choc/white choc/dark choc.
Place in a glass or pyrex bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
Mix slowly until melted, dip in your cookies and leave to cool on a wire rack.
If you want to be really fancy, dip each side in a different kind of chocolate.
roll dipped cookies in mixed nuts
Or: Dip cookie completely into chocolate and then drizzle a different colour over the top. Set aside to cool.