Published Wednesday, 04 July, 2012 by Ishita Sareen
1. Now firstly, take a single wrapper and then spread it diamond like in front of you. Then coat all of its 4 sides [or the circumference] with the egg or cornflour mix.
2. Put some filling that you have made in a log like shape on the corner which is pointing towards you. But leave some cm space between the corner and the filling. Let us call that corner a.
3. Take corner a and tuck it in below the filling just like we tuck ourselves under a blanket when its cold or someone is playing loud music in our dormitory.
4. Now roll the wrapper and press n it so that the corner that is opposite to a gets stuck to the body of the roll. Also tuck in the sides the way you pack gift box. Use the egg/cf mix as a glue, but do not make it too gluey. Make sure that all the filling is in.
5. Make all other rolls like that. When u have them, heat the oil till it is ready too cook. Test it by dropping a piece of wrapper in it at low flame. If it bubbles and then turns light brown in a 1-2 min then its ready otherwise turn it high up again and wait.[usually it takes about 4-5 min for a 1 lt of oil to heat up on high flame.]
6. When u are ready to cook then turn the gas to low, not high. If you cook/fry something at high flame, it will look ready to eat on the outside but will be uncooked inside.
7. Drop the rolls one by one. If you are an amateur to frying, d o not put too many rolls into it. Put just 2 so u can manage. To pros, you know it all.
8.Also do not touch or even poke the rolls just when you drop them, they can loose their shape. Wait for 15 seconds before doing any poking. Meanwhile u can put in more rolls, but no touching.
9. Wait till the rolls are golden brown, or light brown. Then put them on a tray lined with paper towels so that it can drain off excess oil.
10.Now they are ready to serve with any dip or even ketchup. They can be a main dish, or anything you want.
note and warnings:
1.The oil is real hot, step away from it when the rolls are bubbling.
2. Make them when they can be consumed the same time, like say 1 hour before a party otherwise they can turn soggy.
3. You can mix and match the fillings but it is advised to stick with sturdier veggies like bell peppers, onion, beans, tofu, sprouts, peas, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, spring onions etc. Not tomato, paneer/cheese, or any soggy veggies, they will make the rolls more soggy.
tip; you can even ct the roll sin half to increase quantity. Cut them after you have fried them otherwise all that deep frying will make them shrivel and turn black.
thanks for reading this, please please do comment on it. Excuse any typos plz.
A favourite chinese dish
Vegetarians and Vegans just skip the chicken.
If you have a sweet tooth, I have an idea for you
Really good if you\'re starving! And not too expensive =]
Really simple and really tasty :)