Published Sunday, 23 February, 2014 by Eve Goulden
1. In a wok or frying pan, gently fry the noodles in a little oil so that they are just cooked. Set aside for later.
2. In a large pot, bring the chicken stock to the boil. Add your shredded chicken and lemongrass. Boil for one minute on a high heat.
3. Reduce the heat and put the lid on the pot and leave for a further five minutes.
4. Add your vegetables, ginger, garlic and two of the chopped chillies. Leave on a medium heat for another five minutes or until the veggies are coooked.
5. Add the lime juice, nam pla and coconut milk and stir the soup well.
6. Taste test the soup. If it needs more seasoning, add more nam pla (this is used similarly to soy sauce in thai cooking). Too spicy? Add a little more coconut milk until you have it just right. If it's tasting a bit too sour, try adding a teaspoon of brown sugar.
7. Add the noodles that you cooked earlier to the soup.
8. Ladle the soup into a bowl. Garnish with some coriander, and then the extra chopped chilli that was left aside.
Great if your missing home cooking
really filling, cheap and easy to make
For people who are starting to cook and know the basics.
Ultimate comfort food!
Perfect for those cold winter nights...