Published Thursday, 04 June, 2009 by Emma
1. Put about 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan, and heat on a medium heat.
2. Add the onion, carrots and celery, and cook gently until everything is soft, but not coloured. It is important to keep stirring so that it doesn't stick or burn.
3. Add the garlic and chillie and cook for a further minute.
4. Add the other veg and potatoes and stir to coat everything in the garlicky oil.
5. Alow to fry for about 5 mins. (add a splash of water if the veg is beginning to stick)
6. Add the herbs and tomato puree, and then the tinned tomatoes.
7. Pour in the stock and season. (Be careful with the salt, as the stock can be quite salty)
8. Put a lid on the pan (if you have one), and simmer unitl the veg is cooked through
9. Blend the soup if desired, or leave chunky
10. Put into bowls, and top with the bacon, pinenuts and cheddar, if desired.
11. Serve with bread.
This soup can be freezed, so make it in bulk (as the measurments in this recipe surgest) then put into tupperware or takeaway boxes and freeze. Great for dinner before going out clubbing, and good the next day when your body needs reviving!
Sometimes you might wonder what the best things to do are in the week before your lectures start, well here are a few things our blogger Claire would consider as important
Healthy soup made in 35 minutes!
Wanna have something healthy and junk both?? eat this then
Delicious heartwarming pasta- quick and yummy
Perfect for one person!
Really easy, great for using up leftover vegetables.