Published Wednesday, 28 January, 2009 By Kirsty
- Pick and choose the fish with this dish, it is best with a variety but if you only have one type that will be fine
- 30g butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 40g plain flour
- 600ml milk
- 100g raw shelled prawns (i only use these when i can afford them so don't worry if you can't, just add some extra fish or nothing at all!)
- 300g skinless cod fillet, cubed
- 300g skinless salmon fillet, cubed
- Juice 1/2 a lemon
- 400g fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Egg lasagna sheets
- 40g parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 200c
2. Melt the butter in a pan and add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
3. Stir in the flour and add the milk a small amount at the time and stir constantly to get a smooth sauce. Once you have got a smooth thick sauce remove it from the heat
4. Add the fish and lemon juice to the sauce and season
5. Cook and wash the spinach by covering it with boiling water and leaving it to cook for a few minutes before draining thoroughly
6. Grease the bottom of a oven proof baking dish and add a 1/3 of the fish sauce, then add a layer of spinach and the lasagna sheets.
7. Repeat until you have used up all the layers and finish with the fish sauce on the top.
8. Sprinkle with parmesan and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.