2. Cut a bell pepper in half and cut one half into pieces
3. Use a speed peeler to cut 1 or 2 carrots into ribbons
4. Dice up one cooked beetroot.
5. Remove the twig from an apple and cut it up into chunks. Including the core. Don’t throw away the core, its a waste. You’ll not even notice it. But you can remove the seeds if you wish.
6. Put all of the ingredients into a plastic lunch box and add 1-2 heaped tablespoons of mayonnaise, a few dashes of malt vinegar and some salt and pepper if you like.
7. Place the lid on the plastic tub and give it a good shake to coat everything and get the juices running.
This is such a great and filling salad. The juice from the beetroot mixed with the mayonnaise gives it this lovely pinkish colour. The pepper, carrot and apple give it a really sweet and moreish taste. It’s almost like eating a fruit salad.
1/2 bell pepper will max out your vitamin C intake for the day. Carrots are super sources of vitamin A. Take no notice of those official guidelines on 5 a day portions needing to be 80g. 40g of spinach is more than enough to give you tons of vitamin K. The apple will keep the doctor away. The beetroot is great for your liver.
Buy these items today and a 250g jar of mayo for 60p in Tesco and the bill will come to £6. This will give you lunch for the week at £1.20 per portion. Scoff down this gorgeous super healthy salad and you’ll have no worries.