Amazing Homemade Fries!
Delicious fries, quick and easy, minimal ingredients!
1) wash and peel the potatoes
2) cut the potato in half horizontally and continue to cut into frie-shapes
3) pour the oil into a pan and turn the gas onto high
4) to check if the oil is hot enough, take a wooden spoon and put the end of the handle in- if air bubbles form around it, the oil is ready!
5) put the fries in, carefully and in batches, with the skimmer. Let them cook in the oil, making sure they’re completely covered, and keeping a constant eye on them.
6) when the fries start to float to the top, they’re ready to be taken out. Carefully transfer them with the skimmer to the towel- covered plate and let the oil get sucked up by the towels. **do not touch the fries! They’re very hot at this point**
7) when all your fries are cooked, drained and cooled, season them how you like.
8) they’re done! Serve them your own way- you can make them into cheesy fries, use them as a side dish or eat them alone with loads of ketchup! 🙂