Bacon & Leek Soup with a twist
1. Chop the 2 leeks up to however small or large you want them
2. Fry the bacon bits and chopped up leeks together, while your doing that measure out the amount of water you want for your soup (i just used the soup bowl i was going to eat out of, and brimmed it, so i can get 2 meals out of it) then lob the water into the kettle and let it boil.
3. Once the bacon is ready (you should know what it looks like when its cooked cause its changed colour 😉 pour the boiling water into a pan and drop the bacon bits and chopped up leeks in it, adding the 2 chicken oxo cubes (crumbling them in your hand before you throw them in)
4. Stir the soup a bit and put the lid on, then wait until its bubbling (keep stirring every so often)
5. Now for the curry powder, either you can sprinkle some or loads in once its boiled (stir so it doesnt just sit on top of it all) OR you can add it into your bowl once its out of the pan and stir it in with your spoon. Its up to you. personally I put it into my bowl just incase I dont feel like having a curried bacan & leek soup next time with the left overs.
6. If your greedy or just really hungry, don’t forget the bread.