Published Thursday, 08 September, 2011 by Jill
1. heat the oil in a pot and fry the onions with the garlic
2. brown the mince removing any excess fluid (removes the fat but some may prefer the flavour if its left)
3. add the vegetables and cook for a minute or so
4. add the salt and pepper to preference and stir thoroughly
5. add the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and bay leaves and stir thoroughly bringing to the boil
6. put a lid on and simmer for 50 mins - an hour.
7. serve with spaghetti and garlic bread if u wish