Borscht (beetroot Soup)
Delicious eastern european soup
1. Heat the oil in a large pan on a medium heat.
2. Cook the onions and red cabbage for about 4 mins, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the beetroot, butter and carrot. Cook for a further 3 minutes.
4. Add the stock and caraway seeds.
5. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Stir in the salt and pepper.
7. Allow it cool a little before blending to avoid the steam blowing the lid off the blender!
8. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.