Super cheap and easy c: really good comfort food on its own or on top of ice cream.
1. Melt a sizeable glob of butter (about 1 tbsp) in a small frying pan over a medium-high heat
2. When the butter has melted completely and started to bubble slightly, pop in the pineapple rings. I usually do 4 and save the rest
3. Sprinkle sugar over the tops of the rings and flip after a few minutes (when the hot side of the pineapple has whitened slightly)
4. Sprinkle sugar on the other side, wait, and flip again
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the rings are considerably lighter than before and starting to brown slightly. The butter and sugar should be browned and bubbling but not burnt
6. Serve the pineapple rings with the excess syrup from the pan poured over the top!