Cake lollipops! yum!
1. Choose any cake of your choice- yoou can make them by scratch or but a cake mix, or an already done cake for this recipe. Chocolate and plain sponge works good.
2. Mash the cake with the frosting or you could mix it with caramel/honey/golden syrup for other options… You can make all different types of cakepops!
tip: you can mix and match the different cakes and the different sticky liquid you can put in the cakes!
3. When the mixture has a doughy paste consistency, tear of little bits and make them in to balls or you can use an ice cream scoop if you prefer.
4. Put them on a baking tray with baking paper on it. Might need another if you make loads of cake-pops.
5. While they are hardening, melt your bar’s of chocolate. You can use the gas hob, boil the kettle, put it in a bowl with the chocolate over it or alternatively use the microwave.
6. Once the chocolate has thoroughly melted-
take a lollipop stick or skewer and dip the end of the stick in the chocolate first.
7. Stick the choco dipped end of the stick into one of the balls and then swirl the ball into the melted chocolate. Make sure all is covered/coated.
8. Lay them on the baking paper to dry and harden or stick them in a bit of polystyrene.
10. Sprinkle on your toppings of your choice:
hundreds and thousands, nuts, little marshmallows you get in drinking hot chocolate, etc…
11. Do this with all the cake balls, and then leave to set in the fridge or on the kitchen bench.
these are good for parties, children love them, they can be party favors or gifts on occations (birthday’s,). You can also make little xmas themed ones!
xmas pops- chose xmas sprinkles, give them out as gifts.
honey buns- use a honey cake and use honey as the sticky liquid to hold it together.
valentines day- cupid’s love- use red velvet cake, and use white chocolate with red food colouring and strawberry essence
create your own flavour!- experemiment with different cakes, chocolate and sprinkles! Then sell them to your friends…
have fun ^_^